Really writer-nim? 4 sleeping scenes??!! ◡‿◡✿
Not that I’m complaining.. XD;;
It’s truly an unfortunate thing that they let Gun & baby OTP less than 5 minutes screen time. T^T
- Jang Hyuk’s characters in both dramas is a CEO, rich, own a beauty company and both of his parents’ die since he was a little kid. And he spent most of the times in suit and his personal car color is red.
- Jang Nara’s characters in both dramas is a country girl who moved to Seoul for work and due to this, she has an accent. While Yang Soon talks all the time with an accent, Miyoung only use the accent when she talks to her family members.
- Jang Hyuk’s characters has good relationship with Jang Nara’s characters’ parent/s.
- Fate with rings!
- Jang Nara’s characters call Jang Hyuk’s characters ‘Prince’ in both of the dramas.
- Both dramas has makeover scene which is done by Jang Hyuk’s characters to Jang Nara’s characters.
- Jang Nara’s characters has one close bestfriend which is Bobae in SSoaBG and Ji Yeon in FTLY.
- Years interval in between the dramas – 1 year for SSoaBG and 3 years for FTLY.
- Eating or drinking cosmetic scene. Both dramas has Jang Hyuk’s characters eating or drinking his cosmetic products to show how natural it is. :P
- Scene of both characters watching each other sleeping! XD
- Jang Nara’s characters said the ‘I love you’ words first (and in front of hella a lot of people while doing so XD;;).
- Both of the dramas has exchange engagement/wedding rings in the last episode. ^^v
While Fated to Love You is basically the best K-romcom I have ever seen, Successful Story of a Bright Girl is just terrible in general — the script, plot and the acting unfortunately. I have no idea why the drama get so high ratings (40%++) when it was aired in 2002 – I dislike the drama 10 years ago and still dislike it until today. So my advise to anyone who can’t get enough of the chemistry between the two of them to just rewatch FTLY gazillion of times instead of watching SSoaBG since you will be terribly disappointed.
Okay, I know the drama ended perfectly and beautifully and I’m so happy because of that. ^^v But deep inside my heart, before I watched the last 2 episodes, I was sooo afraid on how the writer gonna end it considering we got another 2 episodes left and Gun & Miyoung already so happy in Episode 18.
I know K-romcoms are practically very predictable with happy endings and we know from the beginning that they’re going to end up together but the question is how they gonna treat the disease issue. As we know, all terminally ill themed Kdramas never end on the bright side so because of this I was really sceptical on how they gonna handle that part. Is the writer will try to be clever and messed up the ending? That’s the question that made me nervous to watch the last episode.
My worst possible ending is the one which end with Miyoung’s narration:
"A few years later, the disease did caught Gun in the end.. Since we decided to be happy and treasure each moments, there’s never a moment where I regret making the decision to marry him or to be by his side. The love that he gave me, despite how brief it is, is enough to fulfil my life time…"
If it ended up like that, I WILL BE SO MAD YOU HAD NO IDEA! XD?
Just finished watching the last 2 episodes tonight and I’m in tears since both of the episodes are utterly sweet and beautiful. God, I don’t know why I’m crying like this but I’m just happy that the drama ended more awesome and beautiful than I ever imagine.
I am afraid of what’s coming since we still got 2 episodes left and they already soooo happy in Episode 18 — and having watched lots of Kdramas over the years and know how they tend to messed up especially in the later episodes/ending, I’m so glad that it didn’t become like this with this drama.
The writer and director did everything right. EVERYTHING! Jang Hyuk & Jang Nara are soooo amazing — their chemistry are really mind-blowing (and painfully beautiful) and among the very best I have ever witness in Kdramas. You can even see the sparkles in the eyes when they look at each other which I find amazing. They both are great actors that I honestly think that anyone who want to learn acting should learn just by watching their performance in this drama. Since I have watched repeatedly the same episodes over and over again, I just keep being amazed by how they really immersed in their characters — every little movement, action, tears or the tone of their speaking voice are just magic. Their performance here are simply brilliant. *.*
I think among the great things that happened in Episode 19 & 20, I love the fact that they explore more on the relationship between Gun and his father. Its really nice to know the story behind his manic laugh and it made me cry to know that it was that. ;_; And the fact that both of them wanted to be fully awake for their second night together (which they failed again) is hilarious to me. We all know Gun — him and his sexual frustrations but I love the fact that despite Miyoung is a very gentle and proper lady, she wanted it as well. Normal Kdramas’ script will make her blush and make her didn’t say anything but the writer gave her a different script for once which I find refreshing. ^^v
I’m quite bitter than Jang Nara didn’t sing the OST for this drama since I really like her singing voice. Her song; ’Ip Mat Choom Hana Ro’ from I’m Gonna Fall in Love OST is still my jam till today. But at least she sang the song ‘Snail’ during the ending scene so I’m happy because of that. ^^; I wish they will give us the full version of that song.
It is a great, perfect & flawless drama without a doubt! And I know its gonna take a while for me to find an awesome drama that can touch me like this. I don’t know what magic did they put on me to be this invested but I’m certainly under their spell.
I l♥ve the fact that even a simple scene like this can bring tears to your eyes. T.T
I love the fact that even after 3 years, Gun still keeping Miyoung’s bed side; like she is still there sleeping beside him… ಥ_ಥ